Our client is a Boston area software company focused on delivering SaaS based solutions in the Investment & Wealth Management space of the Financial Services industry. Its customers range from independent financial advisors to the blue-chip titans of the financial services market.
We are currently seeking an experienced Java Software Engineer to help us build next generation revenue management products for large wealth management firms. The ideal candidate is looking for an established software company that is small, private, and doing progressive stuff. We are a Scrum-based practice and would like to meet candidates who have Scrum/Agile experience. We offer solid benefits including 401k, and unlimited access to our soda and beer fridges.
We are looking for a senior (10+ years) full-stack Java Developer who wants to grow with our Wealth Management engineering team in downtown Boston. The goal of this team is to add key client-driven improvements to a vibrant enterprise grade product, which handles millions of transactions. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of software engineering problems, from user interactions to performance tuning and multi-threading, while contributing to our MySQL, Spring, Hibernate Java stack.
Additionally, over the next few years we will be undergoing a modernization and refactoring initiative for this product with a focus on simplicity, flexibility, and performance. This role will also be expected to assist in the architecture and coding of modules and components for this effort.
Finally, you will need to gain a thorough understanding of all the components of our platform and infrastructure in short order, which you will learn on the job. So, we want you to have a fast learning curve.
- Assist team in developing and releasing new features and product to the market place
- Participate in architecture, design and implementation
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance.
- Communicating extensively and learning from the Product Owner/Manager
- When required attending meetings with clients to gather feedback and input on product improvements
Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of Object Oriented concepts and fundamental design patterns with practical Implications
- Experience in Design and Development using Java based technologies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Spring Framework.
- Experience with technologies such as RESTful web services, XML/XSLT, JSON is a plus.
- Must possess SQL tuning skills and working knowledge on MYSQL or similar database.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments, as necessary
- Professional, precise communication skills