We’re looking for a team-oriented Senior Software Engineer with experience in modern front end technologies.
In this job, you’ll play a key role in building and supporting exciting educational applications delivered on our our SAAS platform. You will work as part of a team designing and delivering rich web-based and mobile experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to iReady, our award-winning K-12 education software service.
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS services and database technologies.
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years’ experience (not counting co-ops and internships) developing and supporting front end applications in production.
- Experience serving as a team lead, educating, mentoring, and supporting other members of your team to deliver high quality features partnering with Product Management and QA groups.
- Experience building responsive UI applications that scale to large number of users and large datasets.
- A passion for producing clear, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience writing unit tests with test frameworks like Jest and/or Jasmine to develop high quality, well tested solutions.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, while being driven to achieve great results.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering web and mobile applications with a focus on the front end.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience or knowledge of functional programming languages like Clojure, Elm, or Scala
- Experience or knowledge of backend technology and frameworks, especially Java.
- Open source projects or presentations at meetups and conferences.
- Educational domain background.