Our client is a four-year-old startup company that has pioneered the development of a secure mobile voting platform to increase voter participation. Specifically, the company develops software that joins the biometric capabilities of modern smartphones and the security and immutability of the blockchain. The result enables voters to receive and submit their ballots from anywhere in the world. In the 2018 mid-term election our system was used enable voters in over 30 countries to receive their ballot, mark their selections and submit their votes to a network of blockchain servers.
We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans. Everyone in the company shares the vision to harness technology to address the serious threat of declining participation to our democracy.
We’re looking for an accomplished Architect / Senior Software Engineer who wants to bring their technical and leadership skills to enlarging the franchise in democratic elections.
- Architect, code and automate testing for new election system applications.
- Work collaboratively with other developers, product, and QA to build highly secure, high-performance applications that present in a web interface.
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical election officials; listen attentively to customers for unvoiced requirements.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 10+ years’ experience in architecting and building performant, secure and maintainable applications.
- Experience with functional programming languages. (Java, Scala, Python).
- Experience with MongoDB and MySQL a plus.
- Experience with modern front-end technologies such as Angular is also a plus.
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent).