This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a smaller company that offers lots of flexibility and lots of fun in the office.
We’re looking for a senior PM with excellent client facing abilities to oversee implementations of complex software used to create content management solutions for a variety of industries. In this role, you’ll interface with top level execs at clients, and work with an internal team consisting of a solutions architect, business analysts and software engineers.
Your primary goal is to ensure that projects are estimated correctly, set up correctly, providing agreed functionality that is delivered on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality standards; and handed over to support seamlessly.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- To pro-actively contribute to the center of excellence for project delivery
- To help create and continuously evolve the project delivery framework to best practice and based on industry standards such as Agile & Prince2.
- To help maintain and evolve the project delivery framework documentation and processes.
- To ensure all project team members are aware of the project management framework and what their responsibilities and accountabilities are within that.
- To ensure all their projects are reliably and consistently costed / estimated, reviewed and approved.
- To provide clear project progress and status to the Head Of Delivery to include Scope, RAID Log, Timescales / milestones/time to complete and Resources.
- To proactively flag and anticipate potential project issues and propose potential solutions.
- To ensure all client communication (emails, reports etc.) during project delivery is of a consistent and high standard.
- To ensure all projects transitioning into support are implemented with the appropriate training and documentation.
- To liaise with the PMO and CTOs about provisioning potentially re-usable code or IP into the appropriate repositories/wikis
- To ensure all projects undergo a retrospective, and the ‘lessons learned’ are fed-back into the PMO and project delivery framework.
- At least 5 years management experience with a mixture or both Agile & Waterfall in mainly client-facing roles.
- Quantifiable experience in managing the completion of all project phases from inception to transition.
- Ideal career paths would include consulting plus an analytical and/or technical background (development/infrastructure/testing/support) to ensure the solution being implemented is ‘owned’ and fully understood.
- Experience of managing small & large projects (2 weeks to 18+ months), potentially in parallel.