This is a growth opportunity with a Boston-based investment company currently employing about 200 people. Our client offers a casual – but focused – work environment, outstanding employee benefits, and financial stability.
You’ll join a small team of engineers who ensure the continual availability and optimization of mission critical systems used for investment operations.
In this job, you’ll be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting production systems across the organization. Immediate focus will be on sustaining daily operations through proactive monitoring and expedient response to unresolved issues. Project work will be focused on continual improvement through automation and the installation of new systems and services.
- Responsible for monitoring all production systems, jobs and processes.
- Respond to job failures, identify root cause and resolve issues in an expedient manner.
- Provide level 2/3 support to resolve escalated issues and document procedures as necessary.
- Interact closely with business users and development teams to support complex issues.
- Review, approve and manage the installation of new code into the production environment.
- Build, configure and deploy physical desktops, printers, and virtualized servers.
- Research and escalate more complex issues to vendors and level 3 support as needed.
- Document all processes and procedures and provide cross training as needed.
- Implement small and large scale infrastructure projects with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related concentration is required.
- Must have 3+ years experience in an Operations Engineering role.
- Must have 3+ years experience with VMWare vSPhere, vCenter, and other related technologies.
- Candidate must be detail oriented with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to work independently to identify, research, resolve and document any issues that occur in the production environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact productively with internal business users as well as development teams.
Other Technical Skills that are a Plus
- Ability to automate daily operational tasks using Windows Powershell, and VBS
- Automating Windows Server builds using Windows Deployment Services or other equivalent.
- Experience with VMWare View, Operation Manager, SRM, or PowerCLI
- Operational exposure to EMC Storage technologies (VNX, RecoverPoint)
- Operational exposure to networking technologies (VPN, Proxy, Routing and Protocols)