International Financial Services
We’re looking for a personable engineer to join a small Network Security team whose engineers are “jack of all trades, master of some” types. In this role, you’ll be the go-to person for Checkpoint technology for an international investment company that offers incredible employee benefits.
The Network Security Engineer will have a passion for managing corporate security along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices. This role is responsible for performing all functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure, accountable for security and networking infrastructure component availability and integrity, monitoring compliance with IT security policy, and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents. Participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of security policies. Work with Information Technology staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
- Manage security responsibilities, including firewalls, load balancer, NAC, logging, and other security devices.
- Create, review and respond to reports on event anomalies.
- Assist in development and maintenance of security policies.
- Raise awareness of security policies and develop corresponding procedures.
- Provide security expertise to the company.
- Facilitate new electronic data interchanges between our and other financial firms.
- Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of Compliance regulations.
- Respond to and investigate security and network related alerts with a sense of urgency necessary to hunt and eradicate the threat.
- Design and conduct training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Define security requirements and review systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards. Develop new standards as necessary.
- Analyze business needs, research and recommend solutions.
- Establish and manage relations with vendors and related equipment suppliers.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Travel domestic and internationally for network upgrades and installations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience delivering information security infrastructure support and related services with a minimum of 8 years direct IT experience.
- Willingness to participate in an “On-Call” rotation to provide 24×7 global support.
- Knowledge of CheckPoint enterprise firewall technologies required.
- Knowledge of Citrix Netscaler and ForeScout NAC or equivalent technologies required.
- Ability to work well with a team of IT professionals.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls and proxies.
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Demonstrated experience in computer security combined with risk analysis, audit, and compliance objectives.
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols and standards.
- Experience with CASB, DLP and IPS/IDS systems.
- Experience with security scanning tools.
- Experience with vulnerability testing tools like Metasploit.
- Strong process oriented individual with experience in ITIL concepts including incident, change, and problem management.
- CISSP certification is preferred.
- Forscout FSCA is highly desirable.
- CheckPoint CCSE is highly desirable.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with SEC regulations as they pertain to the financial industry.
- Understanding of risks in financial services.
- Global solutions provider.
- Highly responsive and proven professionalism in communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring security components.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain in depth knowledge of security and networking infrastructure utilized by the company including the management and reporting of each.