This is a great opportunity to join a start up that is off the ground and growing! Our client builds educational software, and is a fun place to work near South Station.
We’re looking for an experienced .NET software engineer to build dynamic web applications and services, help implement complex data and API integrations, and drive the conception-to-design-to-implementation product development process.
This role includes:
- Helping to define software architecture principles and standards
- Researching and evaluating new technologies
- Being able to take on a cross functional role, contributing to multiple facets of the product
- Testing, releasing and supporting the code that you develop.
You are expected to take on vital initiatives and duties for the company, spark and lead discussion, and help establish the company’s technical direction while providing timely and quality support and education across the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to help build the engineering foundation of the company!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- At least 3-5 years of technical expertise, including recent engineering experience with high-performance, enterprise-facing websites and/or SaaS platforms.
- Experience working within an Agile organization (scrum, “lean”, etc.)
- Very strong communication skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and verbally to audiences of varying technical knowledge.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
Skills and Experience:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET programming
- Design patterns, OO concepts and applications, refactoring and Software as a Service (SaaS) development
- SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, query tuning and optimization)
- Web application development using IIS 7/7.5, CSS, HTML5
It would be great if you know any of these:
- Entity Framework
- JSON/REST-based web services and API design
- SVN/Git, MSDeploy, CCNet, NAnt, NUnit
- CouchBase or other caching solutions
- Message-based or event-driven architectures
- Test automation frameworks (for example: Selenium, Fitnesse)
- ETL/MDM and data integration
- Scripting with Powershell or Python
- Mobile browser website development
- Educational software such as SIS