|Remote with 5-10% travel to major US cities
Our client is a specialty hospital system with locations in several major US cities and expanding its services through partnerships with healthcare providers throughout the US.
We’re looking for a full-stack developer who has a strong track record of working in a fast-paced environment to join a new applications development team that is building a new product!
In this job, you work closely with the engineering leadership and the rest of the development team to design and implement technical solutions. You will ensure that solutions are scalable, performant, secure, and fault-tolerant. Additionally, the you will evangelize best practices, agile methods, and promote re-use wherever possible.
The ideal candidate will have current hands-on technical skills in the relevant domains, be analytical, entrepreneurial, a passionate developer,and a strong communicator. Additionally, the candidate is excited about being able to make an impact and help shape the technology and culture of an early stage organization.
Writes code, configurations, and, to the extent possible, infrastructure scripts – 70%
- Review peers’ code and mentor junior peers.
Product design and architecture – 30%
- Responsibility for all areas of product life cycle – analysis, design, coding, testing and troubleshooting.
- Shared technical ownership of a unified, cloud-based microservices platform.
- Contribute to application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, usability, and performance.
- A passionate advocate for disciplined and iterative development approaches.
- Work closely with other engineers, as well as Product Management, QA, and Support teams.
- Participates in product demos and is active in agile processes.
- Mastery of C# in the .Net Core framework required.
- Highly experienced with ReactJS required.
- Database design experience required.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Sitecore highly preferred.
- DevOps experience with AWS ideally implemented via Terraform is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience translating business requirements into well-designed and documented software.
- Experience designing and building cloud-native software systems, with specific experience in services-based and event-driven systems.
- Experience implementing a microservice-based architecture and AWS Lambda.
- Strong advocate of automated testing, both unit and end-to-end.
- Experience collaborating with DevOps teams (ie. CI/CD) and understanding of their practices.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of mobile applications preferred.
- Experience working with offshore development teams is preferred.
- Ideally has experience and works effectively in the culture of fast-paced startups.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or an IT-related field (preferred) and/or at least six years working as a professional software developer.
- An Associate’s degree in an IT related field with 8 years of relevant experience.
- If no degree, 10 years of relevant experience required (.net coding).